Job ID 2182
Career Level Senior Level
Experience 10 Years+
Qualifications Bachelors Degree
Mission Statement: Lead a team of procurement specialists to execute purchasing and logistics strategies that support the business by optimizing costs, quality, and reliability of contractors and suppliers and their respective offerings. Ensure execution in accordance with Company and Supply Chain Management instructions and procedures.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Sourcing strategy
Implements effective sourcing strategies in line with business strategy to ensure that contractors and suppliers have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements. Build alliances with critical suppliers and contractors to ensure business continuity and resiliency. Closely aligns with Operations, Sales, Project Controls to develop and cultivate the Supply Chain team to be a critical partner including risk management and planning. Clearly communicate progress to Senior Leadership.
Actively drive the supply chain team to participate in the business development process by providing supply market expertise, analysis of pricing, sourcing strategies and other data to determine the reasonability of cost compared to scope and contractor performance capabilities related to all procurements and/or subcontracts. Implements programs to drive improvement in cost, quality, delivery and working capital (payment terms, lead times, order quantities, etc.). Collaborate with other departments to close operational gaps.
Manages planning and tracking of procurement activities, cost budgets, emerging spending and savings forecasts. Ensures buyers minimize risk regarding quality and financial exposure by buying in accordance with quality and commercial procedures and in accordance with Company guidelines.
Establishes and maintains metrics to identify and report cost reductions relative to project budgets; Ensures Supply Chain standards, policies and procedures are maintained and adhered to.
- Supplier/Contractor agreements
Handle communications and negotiations with suppliers and contractors. Define and establish standard agreements with all major suppliers and contractors. Provide and maintain standard terms in contracts in line with Company directives and guidelines.
- People leadership and development
Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guide, motivate, and
develop resources within existing policies and company directives, (coaching, knowledge management, functional training, etc.). Responsible for coordinating SCM talent management and succession planning within assigned area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain. Finance or related field. MBA Preferred a bonus.
- Minimum 6 years’ EPC experience, or a minimum of 10 year in supply chain. Utility/Solar/Renewables’ markets experience a bonus.
- Proven experience and passion for building and leading a high performing team with demonstrated results while effectively focusing on continuous improvement efforts.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with business leaders and effectively communicate at all stages of evaluation, execution and closeout.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, advanced negotiation skills, and an ability to articulate views convincingly to influence internal teams as well as external suppliers/contractors.
- Supply Chain professional with developed business acumen and the proven ability to reduce supply chain costs and improve efficiencies through process improvement and innovation.
- High aptitude to analyze data, develop and utilize metrics to achieve results.