Career Level Mid Level
Experience 4 Years
Industry Oil and Gas
Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We’ve created a new breed of company – future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best – for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting Journeyman Electricians for a project in Alvin, Texas, USA. This position is responsible for maintenance, repair, test, and installing electrical equipment.
| Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit using such tools as a hacksaw, pipe threading machine, rules and conduit benders.
• Installing, modifying and fabricating cable tray accordingly to drawings & P&ID’s.
• Read and understand P&ID’s (symbols, tags and instrument lines), wiring diagrams and instrument loop drawings.
• Pulls wiring through wiring raceway, assisted by helper.
• Load, transport and unload tools, equipment and supplies.
• Connects power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads.
• Test continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer and oscilloscope.
• Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
• Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays and circuit- breaker panels, and fastens in place with screws or bolts using hand or power tools.
• Assist in lifting, positioning and securing of material and work pieces during installation. Work on electrical systems ranging from 12vcd to 480 vac; electrical meters and diagnostics tools for troubleshooting electrical systems.
• Perform minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
• Follow all company safety procedures including lockout/tag out procedures.
• Perform other duties as required.
|Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:|
5 years or more electrical verifiable experience
Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements listed below in harsh and/or stressful conditions.